Thursday, June 24, 2010

Whales Vagina and Me go together like PB&J

Most of you know that I live in the scorching, hot, lava-like, tourist infested city of Las Vegas. I despise it. I've lived here my whole life, it's the only city I really know. What I do love about this city however, is the convenience of living here. Stores are open 24 hours a day, there is no "last call" at bars, and the streets are literally on a grid running east to west and north to south. Now that's convenient! I also have my support group here full of friends and family-I mean I grew up here.

But, I want to move.


And to the beautiful and cool San Diego.

This past weekend we moved a friend to San Diego for her college internship. The day we were going to leave we decided to go to the ocean. We went to a beach city called Encinitas and ate at the trend setting restaurant The Potato Shack.


It's a beautiful little cafe' where patrons can sit outside, overlook the ocean and bring their pups with them. I was in complete awe still when I had to stand in the sun while we were waiting for our table because, wait for it, wait for it, it was too chilly to stand in the shade. Huh? Too chilly in June? Vegas is the complete opposite; 9AM and it's already 95 degrees. You have to sit in the shade just to avoid heat exhaustion.


I am in love.


I want to be in this little cool town forever.


The minute I was able to, I texted Robby and told him that when we both start teaching, we must move there. I think he may have thought I was pulling his leg, and just saying this, but I really want to move there. I don't care if it takes us 10 years, I will be there.


Here is a little snapshot of us leaving the beach. I will truly miss this little town, but then I just think that I will be back and when I do, it'll be to live! :)

1 comment:

  1. perfect! San Diego is amazing. If only it were't so damned expensive in California! Glad you had a nice weekend getaway at least! :)

    ReplyDelete