Monday, June 28, 2010

Dear Chericey...

This weekend was an amazing weekend filled with friends, laughter, and realizing that I am old. Tammie and I just came to realization that Lindsie, her only child will be graduating from high school in 5 short years. God. Where does the time go? It wasn't that long ago that we were staring at that beautiful baby and wondering what her personality would be like when she entered the eighth grade, the same grade that Tammie and I became best friends. We wondered what she would look like, what fads were going to be in, and if she would end up being just like Tammie. We blinked and now she's almost ready for high school.

That made us thinking too. Don't you wish you could just write a letter to yourself to let you know that everything is going to be fine- and stop trying to grow up so fast? It wasn't that long ago that I was sitting in an English class wishing that I was an adult so I didn't have to answer to anyone, and **BLINK** I'm an adult answering to a lot of people.

Dear Cherice,

Hi! It's me, er, well you in the future. Crazy huh?! What a crazy day for you to see a letter from your future self. I'm older now, almost 30. You think 30 is old, but it's not. You're still your dorky self, just a little cooler because you're an adult! (BTW I don't have grey hair! Woohoo!!) By now you are in elementary school being a good student and getting good grades, good work! Being a second grader can be hard work, and you're doing a great job at it! I'm so proud of who you have started to become. You have a lot of stress from your family life which makes you want to grow up fast and forget about being a kid. I know, it's hard. Dad is mean. But you have to cherish those few good times and remember that before you know it, you'll be almost 30 writing yourself a letter wishing that you could turn back time. This may just go over your head and make no sense to you, but know that you are loved so much. You've made a difference in so many lives, even as a second grader. Now, put this letter down, go outside and play Sharks on the playground with your friends. Play until you can't even walk anymore and then take a rest on the tire swing.
Love always,

Your older,

You.

No comments:

Post a Comment